“The vision for the future…”
Society for Universal Oneness and Awards
The Society for Universal Oneness brings together people of the world in an endeavor to create a better future.
You are invited to join the team. Be part of a revolution for peace and making the planet a better place to be, by engaging yourself in a meaningful professional activity and lifestyle.
The Society for Universal Oneness (SFUO) is a non-profit organization, which would eventually have presence all over the globe. SFUO is currently incorporated in the State of North Carolina, USA. The model of SFUO operation is to organize the resource of volunteers all over the globe and tap them to come forward towards making the world a better place. Many of such great efforts are currently being pursued at local and a few a global levels, under the guidance and leadership of wonderful people. SFUO would network them on a Universal basis, so that the synergy and potential of experience can be shared and enhanced. Gradually moving forward with this kind of networking, SFUO would encourage and promote setting up of futurecity. While SFUO would set up one futurecity as a flagship, the model shall be replicated across the globe by network channels. At the core of SFUO is Global Integration, which shall ultimately be achieved by efforts of all of us. Within itself, each futurecity operates as an independent business model.
· To encourage people and intellectuals to come forward and participate in the political process to achieve global peace and harmony.
· To develop and promote a universal curriculum in inter-faith tolerance, peace and harmony. To distribute this curriculum for implementation across all the schools of the world, so that people can see humanity beyond religion.
· To ensure an infrastructure of appropriate education and basic health-care for all the children of the world. This would be achieved by use of modern technology and promotion of integrated living. Involvement of local communities and governments would be sought towards fulfillment of this objective.
· To create a World free of horror by eradication of terrorism from the Universe. This would be achieved by providing adequate opportunity for education, growth and development to citizens of the universe. In addition, modern technology would be applied to issue global identification cards to everyone and subsequently track them. Basic needs of food, shelter and education shall be provided for everyone to set the base for creation of interdependence. Governments and local bodies shall be involved in achievement of these objectives.
· To promote the concept of One World, One Currency, One Peace Keeping Army and One Common Language as a platform for communication and global standardization of Driving practice.
· To promote the protection of Environment by whatever means possible- recycling, use of technology and involvement of local communities.
· To create and promote business enterprises in areas related to development of solar energy, wind power, hydro-power and preservation of the earth’s bio-sphere.
· To offer education and training in the concept of ‘integrated living’. This shall be done by training volunteers who can conduct classes in this area.
· To identify and recognize efforts of individuals, societies, organizations, business enterprises and nations, who are involved in the process of creating a better world.
· To develop and research into the areas of medicine, science and technology and work towards an integration of traditional healing techniques of diverse and ancient cultures with the modern to create new paradigms. To bridge the gap between the physical and the metaphysical.
· To identify new areas for research and development and flexibly integrate new concepts with the old to create meaningful and workable solutions for problems facing the World.
· To research into and create new concepts in sports and entertainment which promote cooperation, peace, love, harmony and joy.
· To identify and bring under one umbrella all sincere efforts and initiatives for peace, global unity, promotion of harmony, technology for peace, science for humanity and medical practice endeavors to reap the synergy of unison to mission.
· To take initiative in inter-action with heads of state and political forces to end wars, lift bans on supply of essential life survival drugs, achieve nuclear disarmament and seek co-operation in matters related to eradication of terrorism.
· To identify suitable promoters of peace in all communities and network them to initiate family exchange programs, under which family in one community can host a family from another community from across the globe. This would develop a deeper understanding and tolerance among cultures and societies.
· To facilitate the process of adoption and foster-parent sponsorship on a global basis. To help in identification of those in dire need of help and provide all possible care. To facilitate the process of adoption of old and infirm by volunteer network, in order to provide them an affectionate and loving environment.
· To identify and tap the idle resources to engage those in a meaningful manner for creating a better world, by a process of creative visualization. The unused grants of governments and scientific institutions are examples of financial resources available. Vacation times and idle hours of children, potential of unemployed masses and their brain-power are examples of physical mechanics. Untapped solar, wind, hydro and other natural forms of energy are examples of nature mechanics, among several others. All these and much more shall be converted to opportunities and inputs for growth and development. with sole objective of making the world a better place.
SFUO shall constitute ‘Awards and Contests for Peace’ on a global basis that would honor and appreciate the efforts towards creation of peace on the planet. Endeavors such as protection of the environment, leadership in promotion of education for inter-faith tolerance, peace initiatives at local, regional, national and global levels, media initiatives for reporting and projecting peace projects, integrating families, creating interdependence and the like would be recognized. All SFUO members would be entitled to make nominations for awards. If you are a SFUO member and would like to make a nomination, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your UIN issued by SFUO in the following format:
– Who is being nominated and why, stating details of the initiative, effort, leadership
role and endeavor?
– Why you consider this endeavor to be a prominent one and how would it promote peace on the planet?
– How would this award help in promotion of the effort and cause for which it is being made?
– Time-frames for execution, plans, and success of results obtained so far with the initiative or effort proposed for award (enclose all supporting material like project reports, press releases, grants obtained, proposals made at local, regional, national or international levels).
– Any other awards or recommendations etc?
– Proposed citation: (less than twenty words)
– Proposed title for award:
– One page synopsis for Press Release
– Contact details: Nominee’s name, contact address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, affiliations, SFUO membership number (UIN) etc.
– Nominator’s Contact details: Your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, affiliations, SFUO membership number (UIN)
– Contact details for a minimum of three and a maximum of five referees who can be contacted (name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, affiliations, SFUO membership number) and are able to make a recommendations in favor of the nominee in a timely manner. These are highly respected and qualified people in their respective fields who are familiar with work of the nominee. If required, SFUO may contact them to obtain recommendations.
– Any other details not covered above, that are relevant to the decision making process.
– Each nomination must be accompanied by a $ 50 processing fee. The processing fee includes a certificate of nomination, that is suitable for framing and is issued after the awards ceremony to all nominees. Additional certificates can be obtained for $ 25 each. These certificates would be suitable for framing.
– Leader of the Universe Award nominations are to be accompanied by an essay on ‘Vision for Future of the World.’
The categories for annual awards starting year 2003 are:
Star of the Universe
Entrepreneur of the Universe
Enterprise of the Universe
Leader of the Universe
Child of the Universe
Hero of the Universe
Book of the Universe
Picture of the Universe
Peacemaker of the Universe
Student of the Universe
Researcher of the Universe
Inventor of the Universe
Journalist of the Universe
Film of the Universe
Best Peace Effort of the Universe
Additional award categories may be added subsequently.
1. Images of Life
A photo contest where black and white or color photographs may be submitted for selection under following categories:
Relations: the theme depicts human and nature relationships
Family: the theme depicts an expression of emotions
Connections: the theme depicts something that is beyond the conception of humans
Friends: the theme depicts relations between humans or humans and other life forms
Flowers: the theme depicts nature from buds to blooms
Nature: the theme depicts unleashed imagination capturing nature in its various moods
People: the theme depicts humanity is its various hues and forms
Events: the theme depicts any significant event that is captured by the eye of the camera
Who am I: the theme depicts something beyond imagination, in search of identity
Life as usual: the theme depicts the routine of living captures in its various moments
More categories may be added later.
2. Story of the Universe
A story that is complete and focuses on any theme that can contribute towards creating peace, love, joy, harmony or inter-faith tolerance on the planet. There are different author age categories and awards shall be selected under each category. All submitted stories may be considered for publication by Timeless Values.
People for People: Author can be of any age.
Toddlers for Toddlers: Upper Age Limit for Authors is 7 years.
Kids for Kids: Author Upper age limit is 10 years.
Adolescents of the World: Upper age limit is 15 years
Teens of the World: Author Upper age limit is 19 years.
Young hope of the World: Author Upper age limit is 25 years.
Hope of the World: Author Upper age limit is 30 years.
3. Artist of the Universe
Art forms (sketches, paintings, drawings in any shape or size with maximum dimensions not exceeding 18” X 24” can be submitted on any theme that promotes peace, harmony, love and joy. Different categories shall be decided for artwork depending on the types of entries received under different age classifications:
1 to 3 years
4 to 6 years
7 to 9 years
10 to 12 years
13 to 15 years
16 to 18 years
19 to 21 years
22 to 30 years
Seniors: 50 plus
Veteran: 70 plus
4. Poet of the Universe
Any entries can be submitted under this category that are in tune with the promotion of love, joy, harmony and peace on the planet. Selected entries may be considered for publication in appropriate media by Timeless Values.
Nominations for efforts of peace for current year Awards or Contests in any of the above categories must be submitted (postmarked) by July 31 of the current year to SFUO. Each award nomination must be accompanied by the award nomination fee in form of a check drawn on a US bank for US $ 50. Each contest entry must be accompanied by the contest entry fee in form of a check drawn on a US bank for US $ 40. Entries not selected for award would not be returned and all entries shall become the property of SFUO. All contest entries must be accompanied by a signed cover sheet by the contestant claiming the work to be their original and a no-objection statement that allows SFUO to use their creation for the promotion of peace endeavors. Any of the submitted materials may be used by SFUO in its endeavors to promote peace on the planet. All contest entries must include name, contact information and age declaration of the participant. The award nominators have to be members of SFUO. However, contest entries can also be submitted by non-members. If the contest participants are SFUO members themselves, the contest entry fee for them is reduced to half (they pay only $20 per entry). Age cutoff date is submission entry deadline. Nominations and Contest entries for year 2016 can be mailed to:
Society for Universal Oneness
100 Ayers Way
Chapel Hill, NC 27517-2362,
Tel: 1(919) 493-9126
“You should be the change that you want to see in the world”